Effective waterway maintenance is a key factor for the competitiveness of inland waterway transport. National waterway maintenance strategies are not harmonised and information exchange among waterway authorities has only started at a regional level. This results in untapped knowledge potential.
PLATINA 2 establishes a European expert group for inland waterway maintenance to discuss practical experiences from maintenance activities in the different river corridors. The experts exchange knowledge on economically and ecologically sustainable waterway maintenance and develop guidelines for practical implementation.
Description of work:
- Constitution of an expert group for inland waterway maintenance
- Terms of reference 01/12/2014
- 1st Expert Group workshop 14/10/2014
- 2nd Expert Group Workshop 19/03/2015
- 3rd Expert group Workshop 16-17/09/2015
- Summary of site visits which took place during the workshop
- Development of a Manual on effective and sustainable inland waterway maintenance
Final version : Good Practice Manual on Inland Waterway Maintenance, 09/03/2016
- Presentation Naiades Dialogue Strasbourg, 04/12/2014
- Presentation at Brussels Advisory Board 18/06/2015
- Presentation on Good Practice Manual at PLATINA 2 Final event 04/02/2016
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org